|Course Title||Project Leader Academy
|Description||Open only to FWS employees.
This course covers general knowledge and skills needed for Project Leaders to be successful across all program areas in the Service. The focus is on effective leadership, supervising others, training and development, change management, budget and administrative requirements, decision making, developing and maintaining partnerships including those with Congressional staff and media, leveraging resources and motivating staff.
Prior to the first day of class, participants must have completed an entry level supervision course, such as Supervisory Skills Workshop. If you are unsure whether your previous training qualifies, please contact the Program Manager, Laura Jones, at 304.876.7499 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manage and lead staff so employees can achieve excellent performance.
- Address performance, conduct and/or conflict situations.
- Develop employees for current job responsibilities and achieve their full potential.
- Create a professional growth plan that focuses on developing leadership skills.
- Develop and implement short and long term strategic station plans.
- Make effective decisions and/or solve problems.
- Lead staff through change.
- Develop effective budget work plans and manage station financial programs.
- Leverage resources by developing and maintaining effective partnerships based on Service and Partner goals.
- Effectively work with Congressional staff and media.
New Project Leaders in their first 18 months from all program areas of the Service. Assistant Project Leaders and Deputy Project Leaders may also attend on a space available basis. More experienced Project Leaders (18 months to approximately four years) may attend through Regional Recommendation.
For the purposes of this program, a Project Leader is someone from any program area who is the head of a field station and where supervision of staff and budget responsibilities is required.
|Delivery Method||Instructor Led
|Course Content Contact||Laura Jones; email@example.com; (304) 876-7499; firstname.lastname@example.org
|Course Frequency||Once per year
|DOI LEARN Course Type||ILT
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||6/24/2016 3:30:20 AM