|Course Title||Teaching Youth Outdoor Skills
|Description||This Course will provide participants with skills and tools that actively engage youth in the outdoors. Through a variety of instructor certification modules and interactive classroom and field based sessions, participants will be prepared to develop new or enhance existing wild-life dependent recreation programs
Objectives:Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
· Develop a work plan to establish a new, or enhance an existing wildlife dependent recreation program
· Using various teaching methods, instruct one or more hunting, fishing, wildlife observation or photography activities.
· Demonstrate effective communication and group management of youth outdoor skills activities
· Certified as an instructor for the National fishing in the Schools program
· Explain the principles of the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation
· Describe the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program and it impact on conservation
Target Audience:Educators, outdoor recreation planners, naturalists/interpreters,
community outreach specialists, extension agents, resource managers, and others involved in connecting people to nature/outdoors.
|Delivery Method||Instructor Led
|Primary Contact||SUSAN DE STEPHANIS; Phone: (304) 876-7494; Email: email@example.com;
|Secondary Contact||WERNER BARZ; Phone: 304-876-7313; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||7/22/2014 4:03:08 AM