|Course Title||GIS Project Design I: Data Development and Management
|Description||TUITION FEES: The Cost To Learner displayed in the Course Details is an approximate amount. Please refer to the 'Class Cost to Learner' displayed in the Class Details for the specific class session you wish to attend. NCTC Standard Tuition fees are scheduled to change beginning October 1, 2012. Additional information is available at the NCTC website.
Note: Tuition is not applicable to FWS, BLM and NPS employees
Bring your GIS project/data to class and you will have over 20 hours of open lab time to complete the project while being consulted by a cadre of highly skilled instructors. The remaining classroom time will be dedicated to learning new material through hands-on computer exercises. The course focuses on GIS project planning, data development and data management. In addition, high level geoprocessing tools such as Model Builder and the Spatial Analysis extension will be demonstrated and applied to student projects.
• Apply a structured planning process that clearly identifies your project goals, objectives, data needs, methodologies and deliverables,
• Define and transform the spatial reference of vector and raster data sets,
• Identify and use practical web sites to attain spatial data,
• Create and develop file geodatabases to manage data,
• Conduct a suitability analysis with raster data,
• Use model builder to perform spatial analysis and document process steps
Anyone planning and/or actively conducting a science based project that requires GIS data and analysis.
You must have on-the-job or classroom training with ArcGIS 9.x software.
Disclaimer - Mention of any product name, companies or other reference does not imply USFWS or federal endorsement.
|Delivery Method||Instructor Led
|Primary Contact||SO LAN CHING; Phone: (304) 876-7771; Email: email@example.com;
|Secondary Contact||ERIC KELCHLIN; Phone: 304.876.7453; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||3/7/2014 6:51:30 AM