This joint NPS /FWS event is a unique opportunity for intermediate to advanced geospatial practitioners to receive focused, hands-on training that would otherwise not be offered at NCTC. In addition to the training modules, the Workshop will incorporate morning plenary lectures, lightning rounds and “What’s New” software demonstrations. Lecture topics range from DOI data management initiatives to FWS and NPS progress reports on the regional and national program geospatial efforts.
The Workshop will also include agency program breakout meetings, a NPS/FWS program Showcase and mapping/poster sessions all hosted within the NCTC gymnasium.
• During the Geospatial Training Workshop, you will be able to:
• Cultivate professional and collaborative relationships with FWS and NPS employees
• Discover new program initiatives within NPS/FWS/DOI including; national data integration strategies to promote information sharing among agencies
• Share knowledge, expertise and perspectives among your contemporaries
• Receive training on the latest geospatial software, equipment, and technology applications
For 2016, there will be a one day ArcGIS Pro course offering (limited seating) for Monday, February 29, 2016. If you are interested in attending this all day hands-on training event, you must sign up in advance at: https://docs.google.com/a/fws.gov/forms/d/1v5dLwXxidCYX4n1xhuobF4JkQU2lwv0XgSdvcIZL1TA/viewform?c=0&w=1
Note- if you register for this event, you will be arriving at NCTC on Sunday, February 28, 2016. All other participants (not registered for ArcGIS Pro) will arrive on Monday, February 29, 2016 and start the Workshop the following morning in Entry Auditorium.
Intermediate to advanced practitioners of Geospatial technology
TUITION FEES: Information is available at http://training.fws.gov/courses/tuition/index.html
Note: Tuition is not applicable to FWS, BLM and NPS employees