|Course Title||Increasing Your Personal Effectiveness
|Description||This course is designed to help you understand your unique strengths and identify areas to enhance your personal and professional effectiveness. Your goal in taking this course should be to learn about yourself, so that you will be able to capitalize on the assets of your characteristics and minimize the effect of their downside potential. The more you understand how you approach situations, the better you will be able to work to your full potential, and make decisions that result in greater satisfaction.
While the course outlines a number of areas that can impact your satisfaction and success in life, it is important to recognize that many other variables can also play an important role. The course addresses typical behaviors and personality characteristics, but it does not provide information on skills, abilities, work experience, and specialized training. These also need to be reviewed when determining what you need to acquire to achieve what you desire.
· Identify the sources of stress in your life;
· Analyze your current reactions to stress;
· Discover, discuss, and practice techniques for dealing with stress;
· Develop a personal stress management plan;
· Assess your current time management style and skills;
· Identify goals and priorities that will make you more effective;
· Plan your schedule so that you are working on tasks that provide the most benefit;
· Effectively use a “to-do” list;
· Identify any applicable time wasters;
· Identify at least three different things you can do to save yourself time each day;
· Identify and define your top five core values;
· Explain how your core values impact your life, career and personal beliefs;
· Demonstrate the concept of Career mapping;
· Have an opportunity to focus on your career up to this point;
· Understand how your career and other life experiences have helped shape who you are;
· Identify and manage your own feelings;
· Learn how to read and deal effectively with other people’s feelings to gain an advantage in any domain of life;
· Master the habits of mind that foster your own productivity which will in turn allow you be more content and effective in your life;
· Identify the five stages of change;
· Learn ways in which to guide employees through uncertain times which produces stress;
· Discover limits and recognize unique body signals and symptoms in order to overcome negative stress;
· Create an understanding of the impact of and the need for change; and
· Generate employee buy-in and cooperation throughout the change process in order for the employee and the organization to remain productive.
Individuals who are looking to develop their untapped potential and strengths. Individuals who are looking to increase their energy levels and personal vitality.
|Delivery Method||Instructor Led
|Course Content Contact||Paula Elder: firstname.lastname@example.org; (304) 876-7390; email@example.com
|Curriculum Category||Employee Development
|Course Frequency||Once per year
|DOI LEARN Course Type||ILT
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||1/25/2016 3:30:21 AM