|Course Title||FWS Annual Non-Fire Chain Saw Safety Course Refresher
|Description||This training provides Service employees who use chain saws as part of their non-fire duties with required annual chain saw safety refresher training.
Prerequisite: Before taking this course, you must complete the following courses: FWS Non-Fire Chain Saw Safety Course, or approved alternate chain saw safety course. Objectives: This training is in accordance with Service Manual Chapter 241 FW 12, 'Chain Saw Safety', Exhibit 1.
This training ensures Service chain saw operators maintain the knowledge required to safely operate chain saws and maintain proficiency to continue operation of chain saws. Project Leaders/supervisors/facility managers will determine what will serve as refresher training. Some examples of a chain saw refresher are listed below. After operators complete refresher training, the training presenter must give a certificate or letter of completion to each student.
- mini review of S-212 Powerpoint presentations or videos
- question/answer/discussion session with a skilled Class B or C Faller
- review of felling and bucking techniques, maintenance, and hazards
- schedule a manufacturer's representative to give classroom/hands-on training
TAILGATE SAFETY SESSION:
- review a chain saw Job Hazard Assessment
- discuss and evaluate close calls or incidents and how to improve
- discussion of the variety of reference material listed in Service Manual Chapter 241 FW 12, 'Chain Saw Safety', Exhibit 1, in an information setting
Target Audience: FWS employees who operate chain saws as part of their duties in a non-fire environment; requirement for annual chain saw refresher training. DAY OF FIELD WORK: - practice bucking, limbing, and felling
|Delivery Method||See Course Description
|Course Content Contact||
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||8/21/2014 4:02:59 AM