|Course Title||MOCC - Airboat Operator Module - UDT
|Description||NOTE: The US Fish and Wildlife Service’s MOCC-Airboat Operator Module is scheduled through the Regional Watercraft Safety Coordinators.
Please follow the link to view the class dates/locations and the contact person for your region.
DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION THROUGH DOI LEARN FOR THIS COURSE.
The Airboat Module (ABM) is an entry-level course on airboat operation. Completion of the MOCC is a prerequisite for the ABM. In addition, ABM instructors can add a prerequisite of at least 20 hours of airboat operation time under the on-board supervision of an airboat operator who has at least 40 hours of airboat operation time and a thorough knowledge of the airboat(s) being operated and area(s) of operation. At least 40 hours of on-board-supervised airboat operating time (supervisor specifications same as above) is required before DOI personnel are allowed to operate an airboat independently.
- Understand the operating principles of an airboat
- Understand the control panel and purpose of each gauge
- Identify and describe each part of an airboat
- Perform a pre-trip safety inspection
- Demonstrate how to start, stop, and turn and airboat in both shallow and deep water
- Operate an airboat at minimum and optimal cruising speeds
- Demonstrate docking, beaching, and loading/unloading an airboat
|Delivery Method||See Course Description
|Extracted from DOI LEARN on||3/11/2014 4:01:58 AM