Supervisors Frequently Asked Questions
The following frequently asked questions have been collected from entry-level supervisors in the Service. They have been divided into categories for easy reference.
There are two ways to find answers to questions you may have.
- Click on the topic below and then scroll down through the questions
related to that topic to see if there is one similar to the question you
- Click on "Search" and then type in a keyword or keywords. The program will search this site and then create a list of pages/locations where that keyword exists. Just click on the new list and you'll go right to that page.
- Liability of the Federal Supervisor
- Position Management and Classification
- Performance and Conduct
- Employee Relations
- Hiring and Recruiting
- Interviewing and Selection
- Performance Management
- Employee Development
- EEO and Reasonable Accommodation
- Leave and Pay
It's entirely possible you may have a question that isn't covered on this site. If you have a question that isn't answered here, you should contact your Regional Human Resources office. To do that, click on "Ask a Question" on the left, complete the form, and click submit to send an email to your Regional HR Office.