Conservation Training Network Broadcasts
Broadcasts are delivered online via the Livestream platform from the Conservation Training Network studio located on the National Conservation Training Center (NCTC) campus near Shepherdstown, WV. Channel 1 is our main Livestream player. Channel 2 is our backup player.
NCTC Channel 1
NCTC Channel 2
If you have questions during a broadcast for your presenter, please use the Livestream chat room, or email your questions to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: All broadcast times listed are EASTERN TIME. (adjust for your time zone)
If you have technical problems, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-876-7666. Provide your name and location.
Please use the Livestream chat room for content questions to the instructor.
Broadcast Schedule - Channel 1
October 29, 2014 - Time: 2:00 - 3:00 pm Eastern Time -- LiveStream Broadcast Link
Project Edubat - Education Taking Flight
Bats are amazing animals that are vital to the health of our environment and economy - eating tons of insects nightly, pollinating flowers, and spreading seeds that that grow new plants and even trees. Join us for an exciting, live broadcast, “Project Edubat – Education Taking Flight” on October 29th at 2pm ET to learn more about these important animals. This free broadcast will feature activities, resources, and lesson plans to help you teach both children and adults about bats. Learn how to use newly developed bat educational trunks that will be available across the country for your use! Special appearances by live bats and a few of our favorite bat experts including Cathy Johnson, U.S. Forest Service, Dianne Odegard, Bat Conservation International, Ann Froschauer, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and Leslie Sturges, The Save Lucy Campaign.
- Tips for Viewing Live and Archived Broadcasts
- How to Create a Distance Learning Classroom at Your Workplace
- FWS Distance Learning Classroom Locations and NPS / BLM links
- NCTC Studio Control Room: 304-876-7666
Please Note: The studio control room is staffed only on scheduled broadcast days. If you need assistance, call one of the staff listed below.
- Randy Robinson, Instructional Television / Studio Coordinator, email@example.com; 304-876-7450
- Mark Chesna, Video Support, firstname.lastname@example.org; 304-876-7342
- Rhonda Miller, Web Support, email@example.com; 304-876-7325
- DOI Learn Registration Support; firstname.lastname@example.org; 304-876-7692